Thursday, January 12, 2012

The name says it all...

I need to start by saying I had nothing to do with naming this blog. I had no idea what to name this thing and a co-worker suggested this and it looks like it going to stick. I think it couldn't be more fitting. My wife doesn't cook much which really isn't a bad thing. Her lack of interest in cooking allows me to play around in the kitchen and she usually likes what comes out of it so it works for us.

Growing up with my grandparents there were times there was no food for me to eat. This is not a sob story. I complained one too many times about grandmas food so she decided she wasn't cooking for me anymore. I don't blame her. I survived off of Little Debbie’s and the like until I was able to move out and step it up to pizza delivery and McDonalds for a couple years. Eventually I got tired of eating junk and after watching the Food Network for months I decided I should probably learn how to make a few things. I haven't stopped learning yet.

I have no formal training and I consider myself at best a slightly better cook than the average person. My hope is to show people that it only takes a little extra effort to create dishes that they may have thought were too hard for them to do. Feel free to send me comments, questions, recipes for me to try or you'd like to see on here and I'll do my best.





No comments:

Post a Comment